Nachricht
Autor
ANGELO
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

PFAFF 90 Betriebsanleitung/ PFAFF 90 SERVICE MANUAL

#1 Beitrag von ANGELO »

Hallo allerseits,
Ich bin neu auf dieser Seite und dies ist mein erster Beitrag.
Ich bin Angelo und schreibe aus Italien, weil es hier keine solchen Foren gibt.
Ich würde gerne wissen, ob es für eine Pfaff 90 ein Wartungshandbuch zum Herunterladen gibt. Im Internet habe ich das für die Pfaff 260 gefunden, das mir bei der Reparatur des Fadenspannerblocks nützlich war. Ich weiß, dass die Pfaff 90 eine einfachere Maschine ist als die Pfaff 260, aber bevor ich sie in die Hände bekomme, wollte ich wissen, ob jemand weiß, wo dieses Handbuch zu finden ist. Im Netz habe ich nur wenige technische Zeichnungen gefunden.
Vielen Dank im Voraus an alle, die mir helfen können.

Beispiel: ----> https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10406 ... f-260.html

P.S. verzeihen Sie mein Deutsch, ich benutze Google Translate :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this site and this is my first post.
I'm Angelo and I'm writing from Italy because there are no such forums here.
I would like to know if there is a downloadable service manual for a Pfaff 90. I found this on the internet for the Pfaff 260, which came in handy when I was repairing the tensioner block. I know the Pfaff 90 is a simpler machine than the Pfaff 260, but before I get my hands on it I wanted to know if anyone knew where to find this manual. I only found a few technical drawings on the net.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Example: ----> https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10406 ... f-260.html

PS excuse my german, i use google translate :)

claude
Edelschrauber
Edelschrauber

Re: PFAFF 90 Betriebsanleitung/ PFAFF 90 SERVICE MANUAL

#2 Beitrag von claude »

If you don't already have the 90, think again.
You're far better off with a 260.

The 90-series (and some models after that) have a friction wheel-transmission with a flimsy knob you need to turn whenever you don't use the machine. If you forget, the friction wheel will get a flat spot and make a horrendous noise.

Due to its unibody design, it's also a lot less fun to work on in general.

ANGELO
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#3 Beitrag von ANGELO »

no, I have the 90. it has been in our family since 1965 it is very comfortable to use and does almost all the jobs, it is a tank (I realize that it is not very good in terms of aesthetics, but it is very ergonomic especially for the reverse button which is right where it needs to be, not wasting time looking for it).
I have no problems with the engine because mine is pedal operated. I was just looking for a repair manual because I would like to do some maintenance on it as after almost 60 years (35 of which it has been used day and night) it seems right to me that's why I was looking for the manual.

claude
Edelschrauber
Edelschrauber

#4 Beitrag von claude »

ANGELO hat geschrieben: Montag 5. Juni 2023, 21:41 I have no problems with the engine because mine is pedal operated.
I was just looking for a repair manual because I would like to do some maintenance on it as after almost 60 years (35 of which it has been used day and night) it seems right to me that's why I was looking for the manual.
In that case ;-)

If there is nothing wrong with the machine, you can do a general maintainance:

Take off the throat plate, clean off the dust and debris, don't forget the gunk in the teeth of the transporter.
Also take off the plastic-plate of the yarn holder and the head cover to access the innards.
Use a brush or a vaccuum cleaner to get out the dust.
No compressed air, it'll just push the dust further inside the machine, where you can't get to it.

Check for yarn tangled around any turning axle, especially the one of the rotary hook.

Now, take some petroleum or unscented lamp oil and put it generously, but without excess on all parts, where metal rubs on metal and run the machine for a couple of minutes. Repeat twice, then clean off the mix of old oil and petroleum best you can.
Next, put a drop of oil everywhere you put petroleum previously.
No liquids onto the cord chain!

Put it back together and you're done, it should run even smoother now.
Don't forget to put a drop of sewing-machine oil every ten sewing-hours into the lower part of the rotary hook after having taken out the bobbin case to avoid getting oil onto the yarn.

That's it ;-)

ANGELO
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#5 Beitrag von ANGELO »

no, I have no problem with the machine, it is properly cleaned and oiled even where there is a zig zag, which many people overlook.
I needed a manual because I want to change the rubber of the winder and I can't get it out.
Then also for personal knowledge of how the machine is made, I was looking for the manual because you never know what if something broke and since I recently found a 90 kept in excellent condition I can use it as spare parts and assemble them myself.
But if you tell me that it is not possible to find a manual (even for a pfaff 8,80,9,92,93 etc etc) I will take note of it. and I'll have to make do and will disassemble by trial and error.

dieter kohl

#6 Beitrag von dieter kohl »

serv
91-d.jpg
Pfaff91-A1 - Kopie.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
gruß dieter
der mechaniker

claude
Edelschrauber
Edelschrauber

#7 Beitrag von claude »

ANGELO hat geschrieben: Dienstag 6. Juni 2023, 10:54 I needed a manual because I want to change the rubber of the winder and I can't get it out.
But if you tell me that it is not possible to find a manual (even for a pfaff 8,80,9,92,93 etc etc) I will take note of it. and I'll have to make do and will disassemble by trial and error.
To change the rubber, you need to take off the handwheel, from there it is pretty obvious how to unscrew and get out the whole winder mechanism.
It requires some advanced Tetris skills, but it is possible, I've done it ;-)

I have never seen a repair manual here on the forum (and we have some rather well documented members), so I don't think there is one, but I might be wrong.

If you want to take a machine apart and put it back together for your personal edification, I'd do that with a 230 or 260, they're much nicer to work on and there is detailed technical documentation available.

If you want to read all there is to be known about household sewing machines up to 1957, there is the classic Renters: Der Nähmaschinenfachmann, but of course, it's in german.

ANGELO
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#8 Beitrag von ANGELO »

Thank you very much Claude

Antworten